Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How delicious does that look?


This picture is actually from a week ago, but I just got around to uploading my most recent batch of photos. Anyway, this is Crème Brûlée and it is absolutely amazing! If you've never tried it, you definitely should. I have had it at a couple different places, but the best one, in my opinion, is from Presti's Bakery in Cleveland's Little Italy. 
Basically all Crème Brûlée (or "Burnt Cream") is, is a vanilla custard base with a caramelized top and is heated with a torch. It's probably not the healthiest thing for you, but we all need to live a little every now and then right?
If you are ever in Cleveland you really should check out Little Italy. It's a small neighborhood with dozens of family run restaurants. Presti's is always a must when I go out there and no matter what I pick at this bakery, I've never been disappointed. Check them out:
http://www.prestisbakery.com/   

No comments:

Post a Comment